Deacon Confidence Jim-Odoi attended the University of Technology, Port Harcourt in 1984 and PGD (MGT) at University of Calabar in 1998. He also holds an MBA (Accounting) at Enugu State University of Science and Technology in 2002.
He had the following professional qualifications:
- Fellow, Cost and Management Accountant (FCMA)
- Fellow, Chartered Association of International Accountants (CAIA)
- Fellow, Association of Financial and Management Accountants (AFMAN)
- Member, institute of commerce of Nigeria (MICN)
- Associate Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Nigeria (ICPA)
In 2000, he was appointed by His Excellency Dr. Peter Odili as Caretaker Committee member in Ahoada East Local Government Area of Rivers State and also served as Supervisor for works. Transport and Housing.
In January 1989, he was employed into the Rivers State Civil Service and has served various ministries and extra ministerial Agencies as Director, Finance/Accounts. He was posted to the Universal Basic Education Board on the 26th of September, 2015 as the Director of Finance.
He is happily married with 3 Children.